Week 23- Special Changes!

Along the pathway of life, you will observe that you are not the only traveler. There are others who need your help. There are feet to steady, hands to grasp, minds to encourage, hearts to be inspired, and souls to save.

-President Thomas S. Monson

July 25, 2011

HOLA!

I have been transferred to a new area, due to special changes. I am now in a trio with Hermana Young and Hermana Alvarenga, who is from San Pedro, Honduras. She doesn’t speak any English so I am learning a lot :) I was pretty sad to leave my beloved Kokuere but that’s just the mission for you. It is the Lord’s work, not our own and He will send us where we need to be. I am now in Loma Pyta North, which is a neighborhood in the northeastern part of AsunciĆ³n. I am right next to the airport and we see jets flying over us all the time. We are in a ward, instead of a little branch and there are a ton of members who are willing to help us. One thing I am very excited about is that there are a ton of young women who can go on splits with us. I love working with the youth! We have a baptism lined up for Saturday, so pray it goes through. It is for a girl named Thalia, who is 14. Her brother is the only member of her family and he is preparing for a mission. He is going to baptize her on Saturday and it’s going to be purete!

We switched areas with the elders, reason still unknown, probably just inspiration. There haven’t been hermanas here for 8 years and the members are so stoked to have us back. We are living in the old elder’s house and when I got here and saw it, I wanted to cry. It was the most disgusting, filthy house I have ever laid eyes on, with garbage up to your knees. After cleaning for 3 hours, it was livable and we spent a few hours today cleaning as well. I can’t believe that some elders live in such filth. Elders, do the dishes and clean your bathroom! Your mothers would be ashamed! Besides that, it’s a sweet house, with a roof to go on and everything.

I have been studying a lot about faith this week and how important it is to trust in the Lord and his path for our lives. I know that as we obey the commandments and work diligently to do good, that Heavenly Father will bless us and guide our lives and help us in ways that we didn’t think were possible. All He asks is for a willing heart. He will be as big a part of our life as we will let Him be but He will not take away our agency to choose. I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only path to true happiness. No hay otro camino. I am so grateful for this experience to go on a mission and serve my Heavenly Father, after all that He has given me, it is the least that I could do. I am happy and healthy. As they say here, estoy contenta. I love you all!!!

Love,

Hermana Brittner

No comments:

Post a Comment