Week 22- I've Fallen In Love!

Hola, Hola, Hola! I have fallen in love with Paraguay! We have already been together for 3 months now and I plan on a lot longer. We got off to a rocky start with Dengue and all, but I think things have mended. I love the orange sunsets, the scruffy kids playing with kites made of plastic bags in the streets, the futbol obsession, the Paraguayan pride, the Guarani language, the chipa man “Chipa Borrero!”, the laundry hanging up to dry, the mandioca, pan and noodles, the little kids taking baths in tires, their smiles and “adios!” every time we pass, the fact that I can pretty much speak Spanish now, and the faith of the people in Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father.

How is everybody this week? The weeks are just flying by. It was warm this entire week, until Sunday morning when we had a thunder and lightning storm. !Que pucha! You know what that means... terrible church attendance. But we found a family and we are so excited! Luis is already a member but he moved from Olimpia and so we didn’t have his records. We just happened to find his house, which was miracle. He has a wife, who is Catholic and a 17 month old, Luiscito. His wife, Teresa, is now our new investigator! He really wants this for his family. She has already prayed and feels good about the Book of Mormon, and we got to hear her first prayer aloud! It was really hard for her because she was so used to reciting prayers. She had never prayed from her heart before. But with the rain on Sunday, it was a good excuse for her not to go to church. Hopefully this Sunday she will go. Please keep her in your prayers. We showed up to take his family to church and there he was in a white shirt and tie with his scriptures but she wasn’t ready. It was a huge step for him though, since he hasn’t been to church in many years. He had the opportunity to take the Sacrament and renew his baptismal covenants with God after many years and that is something special.

Ismael has moved away due to family complications so he is no longer our investigator. Fabi still hasn’t been to church due to her parent’s restrictions but we have hope that they will come around. We found a boy named Christian who is 13 and his mom is a member but inactive. He says that he has always been interested in learning more about religion and there is just something inside of him that wants to know more. The obstacle is that he plays competitive soccer and has lots of games on Sunday.

All in all, things are good here. It’s so cool just going around talking about the Gospel all day. I know that being a missionary is a great privilege and I’m so grateful to my Heavenly Father for each day I have as a missionary. Hermana Young and I make a good pair and I think having her as my new companion will work out very well.

Happy birthday to my little Jen, Jen, whom I love. I hope you had a wonderful 9th birthday! I love you and miss you!

Con mucho amor,

La Hermana Brittner

No comments:

Post a Comment