Week 64- Life is great in Piribebuy!


“And neither at any time hath any wrought miracles until after their faith; wherefore they first believed in the Son of God.” Ether 12:18- The Book of Mormon

Hello, My Dear Family and Friends:

This was a great week, a busy week, and a stressful week. We saw a lot of miracles here in this little town and the weather has been absolutely perfect. Things have been pretty crazy training and whitewashing at the same time. My ‘daughter’/new missionary and companion, Hermana Greer, already speaks pretty good Spanish and has absolutely no fear of talking with people.  She will yell at people across the street in order to stop them and talk to them about our message (she said she had to do that in Colorado because if you didn’t, people wouldn’t talk with you).She had a bit of a hard time adjusting from teaching the American way, the more analytical way of thinking, to what the Paraguayans need, simpler and more focused on how you feel about things. She is also obsessed with fruit trees- there are tons in our area and all in season. She talks about them a lot and dreams about them. It’s very entertaining. We have a huge mango tree in front of our chapel and our new house has a mandarin tree, grapefruit and banana tree in the backyard.
Speaking of our new house, we finally moved out of the house the elders had previously lived in. It’s such a breath of fresh air to have space to be organized and have everything clean. Our house is complete with a backyard and attic- pretty chuchi! We are very happy and very blessed to be there. Thanks to President Valazquez and his family and our Ward mission leader and his family, we moved in without a problem (I have now seen a table being thrown over a banister to get it down from the second floor). The branch members here are great and always willing to help us. I feel very blessed to be here. 

We have some really awesome investigators right now!! Lujan, who is 13 years old, is getting baptized on Saturday. She prayed and received an answer that the Book of Mormon is true! How cool is it that the God of the entire universe listens and answers our prayers? Beatriz, who is a sweet lady, is progressing well. We taught her about Sabbath day observance and she told us that she is not going to go grocery shopping on Sundays ever again, even though it’s what she has been doing her whole life. We also taught her about the Word of Wisdom and although she has had coffee her whole life she is giving it up cold turkey. She said she falls asleep at night dreaming about her baptism. She reads the Book of Mormon like crazy. When she had a doubt about there being only one true church, we assigned her 2 Nephi 28 in the Book of Mormon to read and she said she found her answer in there.Ruben and Beatriz are a young married couple we are working with and they came to church again!! He has a lot of doubts about the Word of Wisdom and he doesn’t want to get baptized a second time ( he was previously baptized in another church) because he believes it’s a sin to be baptized twice, but they also prayed and know that this church is true. We still have some work to do with them, but I have a feeling they will be getting baptized soon! 

We had zone conference this week and it was really focused on talking with everyone and doing our contacts. The AP’s are really funny so during the whole meeting we laughed constantly. Lots of my friends and old companions were there, including Hermana Pingel, Hermana deVries and Hermana Van Dusen. It was so great to see everyone. I found out that Leonardo was baptized in Villa Hayes last Saturday and I am so excited for him! After, we went to the temple and it was a great experience, as always. The whole session was in Spanish and so my daughter/new companion had to listen to it in Spanish in her second week in the country. Yep, she is guapa. 

I feel very well taken care of in our new house and with so many lunch appointments. The food here is so good! And let’s be honest, in my book, an area is only as good as the lunch appointments. haha Also I am still living the good life with my two packages from Mom and Katrina and Lyndon. They are like the gift that just keeps giving :) and filling my stomach.

I am so busy, focused, and a little stressed with all the work that has been going on that I don’t have time to think about anything else. I love it here and I feel like I’ve really found my niche in Piribebuy with my mission daughter. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for this time in my life to grow and learn and help others do the same. I thank Him everyday for this opportunity to serve Him. It has been and will continue to be, one of the greatest adventures of my life. 

Love you all,
Hermana Brittner

PS. Kristen Hoopes, you are going on a mission!!!?  Wow, I am so happy and excited for you :) And thanks Alicia, for the letter and I’ll write you back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment