Week 58- Shiny Rubber Boots- Priceless!!

March 25, 2012

1. Puddle jumping the raging rapid roads in the pouring rain while running to catch the colectivo/bus: Wet!

2. Walking down a wet, muddy path, passing cows and goats to get to the Mariano chapel: Wetter!!

3. Walking around in shoes that squish because they are completely soaked: Very wet!!!

4. Finding a pair of shiny rubber boats for only 50 mil guarani that are just your size: PRICELESS :)

Yes, that is my success story of this P-day. Why didn’t I invest in rain boots earlier in my mission? I don’t know. I do know however, that it’s going to be one rainy winter! With the lack of rain gutters and paved roads here, I’m going to need them to puddle jump and wade my way from lesson to lesson! It has FINALLY cooled down and I am so grateful the heat is OVER. The winter does make the work harder as everyone hides out inside to keep warm instead of sitting outside all day. We sometimes wake up in the middle of the night to huge thunder cracks that last for 15 seconds. Thunder and lightning storms are frequent here and really cool!

Another success this P-day: making tacos with our zone and cracking jokes in English and Spanish that only a missionary could think were funny: priceless. It’s so cool that we come from all over the world: the US, Canada, El Salvador, Peru, Argentina, Ecuador to share our testimonies and preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Well, highlights of the week:

- Not really a highlight but my comp was sick with flu-like symptoms and out for three days. I made a delicious homemade chicken noodle soup and couldn’t be more proud of myself :) I have also read about every Ensign and Liahona that has been published in the last 8 years. I am now an expert on parenting, financing, and other various Gospel topics, which seemed to be more frequent in the older editions. Sometimes, I get a trunky feeling and want to get off the mission just so I can try my hand at living the Gospel in not-mission life, and put in practice all the wonderful things I am learning. But I realize there is plenty of time for that after the mission :) I just love the Gospel. Although I was a little bored since we weren’t out working, I realized that I will never have a time in my life when I get to just sit around and read church material all day and I kind of enjoyed it.

One of the highlights of this week was that the family Suarez came to Villa Hayes to visit me!! A half an hour drive which made me feel so special and loved that they would drive out just to visit me!! Jose, their grandson, who I taught the lessons and helped with his baptism, came too! They are such a wonderful family and such Christ-like people. I truly love them as my own. I know that they will be a family that I always stay in contact with, now and throughout the eternities. Josecito was so nervous to see me again! He is such a sweet little boy and will be a great missionary someday!! It was great to see them. Sometimes we get discouraged as missionaries and it’s great to know that we really do make a difference in people’s lives.

The two Solis boys will be getting baptized this weekend in-between conference sessions and I am very excited. They are cute boys, a little shy but they have a great dad who will help them to learn what they need to know as they grow older. Our other investigators haven’t made the sacrifice to go to church so we are now looking for new ones...

“We thank thee oh God, for a Prophet...” General Conference this weekend!! I am so excited!! It is one of my favorite times of the year! I hope that everyone makes it a priority to go and enjoys the Spirit that is so abundant there. Also, we have a special zone training with president on Wednesday! Hopefully my companion will be feeling better so we can get some good work in!!

I am working on the attribute of charity because that is what this little branch needs! Lots of love and helping the leaders to understand their responsibilities and to fulfill them! “And now I know that this love which thou hast had for the children of men is charity; wherefore, except men shall have charity they cannot inherit that place which thou hast prepared in the mansions of thy Father.” Ether 12: 34

Happy 23rd Birthday Kelli B! I hope that it is a great day and know that I am thinking about you!!

Love,

Hermana Brittner

No comments:

Post a Comment