Week 25- Service First!

“When ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.” Mosiah 2:17

August 8, 2011

Hola Hola Hola!!

How is my family? I hope all is well. This week was awesome!! We had 11 investigators in church yesterday. It was miraculous. The week before we had 8 and that was a miracle. We only brought 4 of them with us, but they just kept coming! They came on their own, which is unusual. I love LOMA PYTÄ! The members here are so strong. Many of them work in the temple weekly because it is so close. We have so many people that want to feed us that have to rotate members and now we are having dinner appointments, which never happens! My trio is doing well, we are going to enjoy our last week together. “Estoy contenta” as they say in Spanish, I am content.

This will make you laugh...the other night I was clapping houses in my sleep. I started clapping like I was clapping a house and I woke up my companions. A missionary´s work is never done.

Well, updates on my investigators. My mission President Madariaga and his wife went with us to our appointments one night last week and we visited Patrocinia, our eternal investigator. We had a turn of events there, as President was inspired to commit her daughter, Luz, 14, to baptism. He said that her mom will follow in her footsteps. Luz is a little rebellious and has never wanted to share with us before but she went to church yesterday which was a big step! Also, Carolina, who has had trouble stopping praying to the Virgin Mary, has made a lot of progress. She is a professor of Guarani at a Catholic school and has very strong faith. She loves the Book of Mormon and has a strong testimony of it. She even writes summary reports for each chapter after she reads. It’s awesome! She is progressing well.

I remember in the Missionary Training Center that they told us that every time someone accepts Jesus Christ into their life and begins to change to align their lives with the Lord’s commandments, it’s a miracle. I do believe that. I see miracles everyday.

Cool story: We were sitting in Patrocinia’s house, teaching her and a customer came in. Patrocinia is a hairdresser and we teach her in the room in her house where she cuts hair. Well, a customer came in and she started curling her hair (yes, they go to the hairdresser just to get their hair curled- I think it’s because curling irons are super expensive here). We were still sitting there when the customer was done and she came and sat by us and we started chatting. Her name is Blanca, she is 24, a nurse and lives with her aunt and uncle. Well, we were chatting with her and telling her what we do and whatnot and she said, “So when are you going to come to my house and teach me?” Haha, that´s exactly what we like to hear! So we have gone to her house twice now. Sunday she came to Church. It was fast Sunday and she cried throughout the entire Sacrament meeting, because she felt the Spirit and cried at the baptism we stayed for after the meeting (a baptism of the Elder´s). She is looking for God in her life and for the inner peace that comes from having the Spirit with you. Things are looking good for her to get baptized!

It’s like the investigators are finding us this change (transfer). We are having a lot of success! I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for everything...to be a missionary, to have investigators to help towards baptism, for the gift of tongues, for all of you who support me and most of all, for my Savior, who makes it possible for each of us to return to our Heavenly Father with our families after this life, and also to have peace now in this life. Today I went to the Zoo and Botanical Gardens and it was great...so peaceful and calm to be in nature. I was thinking of true happiness and how our Heavenly Father wants us to be happy. This happiness comes only through the Gospel...obedience to the commandments and following God’s plan for our lives.

I hope this letter finds you all well. Remember that Heavenly Father is always there to listen to our prayers and that we are never alone. He is always there for us. Sometimes he puts trials in our lives to help us grow and become more like Him but He will always be there to support us through them. I LOVE YOU.

TE AMO,

Hermana Brittner


No comments:

Post a Comment