Week 8- Last letter from the MTC

"O that I were an angel and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!" Alma 28:1

Hello everyone!!

So much to say and so little time! First off, today is my 22nd birthday!!! Woohoo! I can't believe it. I am SO happy to be spending my birthday in the MTC! I woke up and my comps had decorated my room with balloons. Then we went to the temple and had breakfast in the cafeteria. Elder Bigelow bought it for me, which was nice of him. My comp Hna. Van Dusen bought me 11 packs of stickers! Haha, she knows how much I love them. This afternoon, we are having a picnic (with chips and salsa thanks to Kelli b =) ) and doing laundry. Tonight my companionship got chosen to do an orientation for all the newbies, where we go into a room and teach an investigator/actor and they all watch. We are pretty excited.

General Conference was AMAZING. Definitely one of the highlights of my MTC experience! General Conference is a series of meetings that take place twice a year where the Prophet and leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints speak about different doctrinal subjects such as faith, service, family and temples. How blessed am I to be sitting in a room with 2000 of the Lord's representatives and all I have to do is listen and be spiritually edified! The Spirit was so strong and the music was amazing. My testimony was strengthened of modern-day revelation and a living Prophet who guides the Church. The Gospel just makes sense to me. It was the perfect send-off for Paraguay.


On Saturday night, the elders watched the Priesthood Session and the sisters got to watch the General Young Women's Meeting broadcast. Whoa that was powerful. I was crying just watching the opening song that the Young Women Choir sang. You have to know that young women have a special place in my heart, because I have four little sisters at home who are or will be young women. I also thought of the girls I taught at EFY and the future daughters that I will someday have. Then I thought of the beauty and purity that exists when these young women follow the commandments of God. It is especially noticeable these days because there is something different about people who live that kind of life.

So I got TRAVEL PLANS! We were jumping up and down when we got them- a lot of people have visa problems but thankfully none of our district did. Our entire district (7) is traveling together minus Elder Bigelow who is going to DC. I am excited and nervous but mostly excited!

Sarah Palmer- I talked to both Pres and Sis Brown and they were so excited to hear that I am your cousin- they said, "You are beautiful just like she is!" And "you have a lot to live up to- your cousin was wonderful- we love her- but we are sure you will do great as well." I thought that was cool- I'm glad that I am your cousin because you have definitely left a legacy.

Becca- CONGRATULATIONS on graduating! I am so proud of you! And also, congrats on filming the show, Extreme Couponing which I hear will air in May. I bet you were so cute and professional- you really made the couponing world look good. I love you. And also, a Meridian TEMPLE??! So excited- it will be great to go when I come visit you and walk my little nephews around.

Glenn- Happy birthday!! Thank you so much for the birthday gifts. I got both packages and I loved them. I sent you a package and you should be getting it soon.

Soul/Jessika! Happy 21st birthday! I love you and miss you already. I can't believe it's been 4 years since our combined party. Write me so I can have your address!!

Much love to everyone. I will write soon with new adventures from Paraguay! Keep those letters coming; they mean so much to me.

Love,

Hermana Brittner

No comments:

Post a Comment